History repeats itself

Earlier this week, a turkey flew through the (closed) window of the Lubbock Courthouse and disrupted the proceedings. Court officials promptly removed the turkey from the building.

Strangely enough, this is not the first time the exact same thing has happened in a Texas courtroom.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to History repeats itself

1. Don't Mess w/ Pink a/k/a, thanks to Vinnie One-toe, Nicola Fatnose May 22, 2008 at 7:10 pm #

You really read “Lubbock Online?”

2. Don't Mess w/ Pink May 22, 2008 at 7:11 pm #

Well that whole name didn’t come through. It should read: “don’t mess w/ pink, a/k/a/, thanks to vinnie one-toe, nicola fatnose.”

/We’re going to the “talk like a pirate” website next!

3. FUBAR May 22, 2008 at 7:38 pm #

DMw/P -

There is nowhere this blog will not go, in order to entertain our readers. Although several destinations seem quite unlikely. The Lubbock newspaper seems like a totally likely place to find entertaining, nutty, weird, or otherwise ridiculable stuff.

4. vinnie "One Toe" Genovese May 22, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

Who you calling fat nose, you granny faced horse chewer?

Lubbock seems an unlikely place to find nutty, weird or ridiculable stuff? Dude, seriously, have you spent ANY time in Lubbock?

In 1939 they had a state rep named Elmer Tarbox. Come on, that alone is all the tip off you need…

5. FUBAR May 22, 2008 at 8:03 pm #

I actually know about Elmer Tarbox. Many many years ago, I dated some random related-by-sister’s husband-or-something relative to Elmer Tarbox. Thus, I was treated to all manner of Tarbox family lore, all of which was completely boring at the time, except for the part in which Elmer passed some gun bill of some sort, of which the greater Tarbox clan seemed particularly proud. Or something. I was busy drinking at the time, so I’m fuzzy on the details.

6. Don't Mess w/ Pink May 22, 2008 at 8:16 pm #

Re: vinnie “one-toe”

No, no, no … nicola fatnose is MY mafia name, which was bestowed upon me, thanks to your recommended site. I would NEVER call you a fat nose, you goblin stinking leg gurgler.

/I love how those sound obscene, without saying anything at all. Kinda like Lou Dobbs.

7. Vinnie "One Toe" Genovese May 22, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

Or Anne Coulter…

The gun bill was what Delwin Jones used to defeat Tarbox in the ’40 election, if memory serves me right.