Weekly Poll Wrap-up

The weekly poll question was “which writer would you most want to be trapped in an elevator with for 8 hours?” The lead changed at least 8 times during the week, but now we have a winner.

The lovely and talented birthday girl Eileen Smith of “In The Pink Texas” and “Poll Dancing” fame was the big winner, finishing at 43%. She will reportedly be celebrating her win by consuming massive quantities of pinot noir, right out of the box.

However, Eileen got heavy competition from the also-lovely and also-talented Elise Hu from “Political Junkie,” who only trailed by 4 votes, and finished the race with 37%. Interestingly, Jennifer Kim received 27% in her race for Austin City Council. I have no idea what that means, but it’s interesting. Also, former U.S. Senator John Edwards is scheduled to endorse Elise soon, which will encourage everybody to immediately forget that Eileen ever won anything.

The men, however, suck. Apparently, nobody wants to be stuck in an elevator with Paul “I’m not a kid blogger” Burka (of BurkaBlog), Phil “We’re going to Denver, and You’re Not” Martin (of Burnt Orange), or Harvey “You can read my stuff, but only if you can afford it” Kronberg (of Quorum Report). Leading the guys was Kronberg with a whopping 7%. Bringing up the rear was Burka with 5%. Phil was in the middle of the guy sandwich with 6%. Eight Bells’ veterinarian immediately came out on the back stretch and dealt with all three of them appropriately.

This week’s poll is on the top of the right hand sidebar, so please vote there, and comment on it here.

Comments

comments

10 Responses to Weekly Poll Wrap-up

1. Phillip Martin May 18, 2008 at 10:00 pm #

The middle of a sandwich made up of Burka and Harvey. Um…

WITHDRAW! I WITHDRAW FROM CONSIDERATION! PLEASE, GOD, DON’T MAKE ME BE IN THAT SANDWICH!

2. FUBAR May 18, 2008 at 10:09 pm #

it’ll work out Phil…Burka won’t show up, and Kronberg will be busy issuing 12 corrections.

3. Don't Mess w/ Pink May 19, 2008 at 4:21 pm #

Does Eileen get a tiara or something?

4. FUBAR May 19, 2008 at 4:27 pm #

DMwP:

I hear there are a couple of spares over at the Clinton campaign HQ, she can just stop by there and pick one up. They’re still new in the box.

5. El Jefe May 19, 2008 at 4:43 pm #

As a former “dearhunter,” this is a tough one.

Oreilly’s producer? No way. The man is prolly considering suicide or murder — neither of which go over well in Boys Town.

Spitzer? I’ve seen enough donkey shows.

Naishtat? I don’t pay for someone to see donkey shows.

Coulter? I don’t pimp donkey shows.

That, of course, leaves Ms Brooks, who would be perfect for such an adventure.

She knows all the cabbies. She can hang anywhere and with anyone. And she’d prolly be helpful in selecting the nights’, uh, entertainment.

Vival Pappagallos!

6. El Jefe May 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm #

The meories of my youth got me so excited I couldn’t type. It’s O’Reilly and it’s Viva Pappagallos!

7. Vinnie "One Toe" Genovese May 19, 2008 at 7:03 pm #

I voted for Anne because in “this thing of ours” we DO pimp donkey shows…

8. Don't Mess w/ Pink May 20, 2008 at 12:20 pm #

I voted for Brooks because I have never met anyone who could drink me under the table. Until I met her.

/She stole my crown. STOLE IT I TELL YOU!

9. FUBAR May 20, 2008 at 2:21 pm #

Brooks actually drank me under the table WHILE IN NUEVO LAREDO once. But not in Boy’s Town. That was in 2003. I was comfortably over my hangover by mid-last week.

10. Mojo May 20, 2008 at 3:44 pm #

Dude, I *knew* my talents would be useful one of these days…

- Brooks/Credentials