An imposter!

I don’t wear dorky glasses, and haven’t since the 5th grade.

I don’t live in Georgia, especially not in Union County, which is dry. I would never run for public office, I’m not eligible for senior citizen discounts, and I was never in the United State Air Force.

I would especially never refer to myself as a “conservative.” But most of all, the phrase “Harold Cook can get things done” should be the big tip-off that this guy is a whole different Harold Cook.

But what the hell, if you happen to live in Union County, Georgia, vote for me anyway.

(I have a feeling I’ll be deleting comments all day today. Let’s face it – you people are cruel.)

Comments

comments

15 Responses to An imposter!

1. El Jefe August 14, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

Like a stupid horror movie or stock brokerage commercial, a message from Your Real Future has traveled through the tubes of the the Interwebs and landed in your computer. This will be you — except maybe for the “honest” part.

2. Mean Rachel August 14, 2008 at 3:21 pm #

Given the nature of this blog, I find Mr. Cook’s (R-GA) final sentence rather ironic:

“He Who Can Accomplish Does, While He Who Cannot Accomplish Tends To Find Personal Success In The Form Of Excuses And Complaining.”

/Harold Cook for President(the liberal’un)!

3. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 14, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

We are all Harold Cook.

Re: Mean Rachel
    That doesn’t even make sense to me. (She said, complaining.)

4. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 14, 2008 at 6:26 pm #

Re: Mean Rachel
    Point of clarification: I meant the-other-HC’s final statement, not you.

5. Mean Rachel August 14, 2008 at 6:32 pm #

dmw/hp:

Point of information: Harold Cook (D-Austin) finds “Personal Success In The Form Of Excuses And Complaining” on this here web-log.

6. El Jefe August 14, 2008 at 6:41 pm #

Actually, I was cruel to Harold. In truth, old fart Harold will be a lot like his hero, Ernest Borgnine.

7. FUBAR August 14, 2008 at 6:54 pm #

like I said, you people are cruel.

8. cyrus August 14, 2008 at 8:04 pm #

it’s rough out here, man. Getting things done is a bitch. Stay inside!

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the idea of dorky glasses, though. That’s instant credibility…with dorks.

9. don August 14, 2008 at 8:23 pm #

We’re not dorks. We’re wonks. There’s a difference. OK, not really.

/Dorky glasses are the new black.

10. don't mess w/ hussein pink August 14, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

Yes, harold that was me again.

11. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 14, 2008 at 8:37 pm #

Re: mean rachel
    Too funny. By the way, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve been telling your “there is no HR violation if there is no HR department” story around.

12. FUBAR August 14, 2008 at 8:38 pm #

DMwP and MR: there were about 12 different things about the comments that day that I’ve been telling everybody ever since too. CLASSIC.

13. lush August 14, 2008 at 9:56 pm #

Those glasses would totally buy you some love from those hipster bands with the absurd names that you’re always courting.

14. FUBAR August 14, 2008 at 9:59 pm #

Lush – maybe I’ll steal some at the Buddy Holly museum, in time for Halloween.

15. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 14, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

Totally off topic, but posted here because lush and harold are the only ones who care … 8 straight!

They’re gonna break my heart. Again.