Dear Astros fans:

Some of you might not have thought much about former Astros closer Brad Lidge since he was traded away. You’ll be happy to know that, while he’s living under an assumed name in Chicago, he seems to be doing just fine.

(I’ve needed to get that off my chest for a while now. I didn’t have a blog back when Lidge was with the Astros, throwing softballs to Albert Pujols every chance he got.)

That said, I’m proud of Our Humble Astros, who have won 12 of the last 15 games and have finally clawed and scratched their way back to .500.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to Dear Astros fans:

1. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 12, 2008 at 3:48 pm #

You are so baiting me. I was there for that home run. Worst. Feeling. Ever. (Best feeling ever? Chris Burke’s walk-off in that 18-inning game to clinch the NLDS in 2005.) Lidge was Pujol’s bitch after that, as long as he was with the ‘Stros, never regaining his form. Then he goes to the Phillies. 28 saves, 2.19 ERA. Perrrrfect. And typical. But I’m OK with Valverde. I like people who are bat-shit crazy.

2. Mojo August 12, 2008 at 4:32 pm #

If the Cubs don’t pick this 104-year-old fan, I am THROUGH with baseball.

3. FUBAR August 12, 2008 at 4:49 pm #

yeah I bet they cave to fan pressure on that one. And who knows, it might improve the Cubbies pitching overall.

4. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 12, 2008 at 6:58 pm #

fubar, what’s with your comment count? I check in as I am wont to do, and see “0 so-called comments” on this thread and I thought, wait a second. I commented. I click and, voila, there are 3. That was happening yesterday, too.

mojo, I’m with you. 104 RULESS.

5. FUBAR August 12, 2008 at 7:00 pm #

don’t know what to tell you, it’s reading correctly on my computer. Probably the same snafu that screws up your screen name or something.

6. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 12, 2008 at 8:33 pm #

Oh, sure. Say everything’s normal and make the crazy chick think she’s the problem.

/I can’t help it if the Name/URL button has nameitis interruptus goblins.

7. lush August 13, 2008 at 5:28 am #