Great band name update

So, ok, this isn’t actually a band name yet, but it should be, and when I saw the headline not only did I at first think it was a band, but that in Australia they were a banned band, for being naughty.

Bottom line: if you’re a new band in need of a name, this would indeed be a great name, so somebody needs to fill this void. Plus, if you name your band this, your first marketing materials could say that you’re banned in Australia, so you’ve got that going for you.

Comments

comments

23 Responses to Great band name update

1. Mean Rachel August 1, 2008 at 2:57 pm #

I’ll mention it as perhaps the title for a new single for my coworker’s band that he wants to start called “Slowly Fisting Grandma.”

Yeah.

2. FUBAR August 1, 2008 at 3:04 pm #

We most humbly bow at the feet of the master. In that “speechless” kind of feet-bowing way.

3. Anonymous August 1, 2008 at 3:06 pm #

Being the coworker that “mean rachel” is referring to, I feel that it is my responsibility to correct her previous comment – the new single is actually called “Slowly Fisting Granny”. Keep your ears open for the amazing follow-up as well, “Speculum Ass Piss”!

4. Mean Rachel August 1, 2008 at 3:09 pm #

We have a very firm HR policy we adhere to here at the office which is:

You can’t have an HR violation without an HR department.

Gotta love start-ups.

5. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 1, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

I innocently clicked on this thread just to say “You should take up an instrument and start ‘Designer Vaginas’ yourself.” But I’m speechless.

6. Mean Rachel August 1, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

dmw/husseinp: just imagine spending 8 hours a day with these people.

and, bt-dub, fubar does know how to play an instrument. just ask him how he got escorted by security out of the downtown Hilton some time.

7. lush August 1, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

I hear a certain DMN reporter is starting a band….

8. don August 1, 2008 at 5:45 pm #

mean rachel:
    Well, Slow Fisting Granny does have a certain ring to it.

/Just shoot me now.

lush:
    I’m telling her to copyright that name immediately.

Pray tell, fubar. How DID you get escorted by security out of the downtown Hilton?

9. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 1, 2008 at 5:47 pm #

Harold — this always happens to me on your site. Nowhere else, just here. What is with that? Anyway, don is me.

10. El Jefe August 1, 2008 at 7:18 pm #

How did Fub get escorted? Wobbily. Very wobbily.

11. FUBAR August 1, 2008 at 7:54 pm #

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, I leave you people alone for a few hours to attend meetings and I come back to ALL THIS??

I cannot in good conscience disclose the details of the Hilton “mishap.” But if forced to by the only witness I haven’t yet killed, rest assured that it will be severely embellished.

12. treehugger August 1, 2008 at 8:00 pm #

The ad on that linked article is a good band name also, “She has yellow teeth.”

13. Mean Rachel August 1, 2008 at 8:00 pm #

It’s a pretty good story without embellishment, really. The part where you kicked vodka soda all over the piano on accident while being led away by the elbow was classic.

14. FUBAR August 1, 2008 at 8:07 pm #

Well yeah, there’s that. But there was already so much blood from that kitten on the piano to start with, the vodka probably did no additional harm.

15. Mean Rachel August 1, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

That was from the kitten? See, I thought it was blood from the ass-kicking that David van Os got in the TDP race that day.

16. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 1, 2008 at 8:43 pm #

fubar, not even shit-faced, snot-nosed frat boys get escorted from the Hilton, for christsakes. Were you accosting guests?

17. FUBAR August 1, 2008 at 8:46 pm #

well let me be clear that “I” did not get thrown out of the Hilton. “We” got thrown out of the Hilton. And no guests, or animals, were harmed in the making of this motion picture.

18. mojo August 1, 2008 at 8:59 pm #

I was about to ask how a discussion of designer vaginas degenerated into a story about bleeding pussy cats, but then I answered my own question.

19. El Jefe August 1, 2008 at 9:13 pm #

She scores!

20. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 1, 2008 at 9:20 pm #

Indeed.

21. Don't Mess w/ Pink the Statistician August 1, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

Hey! We’ve hit 20 comments. Isn’t that some sort of record?

22. FUBAR August 1, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

yeah, I think that puts us about 5 comments under the MINIMUM number of comments for a really unpopular post on Eileen’s site.

23. Don't Mess w/ Pink August 1, 2008 at 10:00 pm #

Yeah, but that’s just because we feel sorry for her. Have you *seen* her knees?