Santa Fe – The Town With No Attention Span

I have spent more time in New Mexico than any other state other than Texas, even before 2003.

Of all the places in New Mexico I love, Santa Fe is my favorite. The attitude there is laid back, comfortable, and relaxed.

That may be one factor why the city never can quite keep it together. They’re coming up on their 400th anniversary, which is a follow up to the big celebration 50 years ago of their 350th anniversary. Except the town was founded before they thought it was, back when they had the 350th anniversary, so they think this 400th will actually be its 403rd anniversary, maybe. They don’t really know, and if I know Santa Fe residents, they won’t be picky about letting the truth get in the way of a good party.

And that time capsule they’ve been looking everywhere for, left over from the celebration 50 years ago? Oops.

Comments

comments

5 Responses to Santa Fe – The Town With No Attention Span

1. Mean Rachel March 23, 2009 at 5:45 pm #

Maybe if they weren’t so busy dragging crucifixes across the state they’d be able to keep track of things.

2. FUBAR March 23, 2009 at 5:58 pm #

ah yes, tis the season for such things too. Drivers have to be very careful to dodge those on their annual pre-Easter pilgrimage from Santa Fe (or parts farther south) to Chimayó, many of them carrying a massive cross, conveniently retro-fitted with a wheel at the bottom.

3. whiskeydent March 23, 2009 at 7:04 pm #

So Jesus was too stupid to get wheels?

4. FUBAR March 23, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

W. Dent – I’m confused, are you talking about that Jesus guy in the bible, or Jesus Gomez in my neighborhood? Jesus in my neighborhood is way smart, plus he has a really nice set of wheels. I can’t really speak for the other one.

5. Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

OK, FUBAR. I’ve got this really nasty image of you in the public tub at 10,000 waves.

Thanks.

Thanks, alot.

I’ll be sending you the bill for my mental health restoration.