A moment of quiet, thoughtful reflection

On the issue of same-sex marriage, I know what I believe, and I’m completely comfortable with it. I still remember the first time I ever saw a bumper sticker in a parking lot that read “Focus on your own damn family!” and I was still grinning a solid hour later. That message conveys exactly how I feel.

I will never understand all the energy some people put into worrying about who somebody else is hanging out with.

That said, there are those with differing opinions. Every once in a while, someone comes to our attention who, despite holding different values, is incredibly articulate, amazingly logical, utterly convincing, and wholy thought provoking.

Frankly, in all fairness, Letters From Texas Worldwide Headquarters simply cannot in good conscience fail to lend such a person a venue from which to share his or her incredible insights on matters such as these, even on issues upon which we happen to disagree. After all, what is this humble blog, if not a place for a high-minded citizenry to exchange important ideas?

It is in this spirit of fair play that we respectfully invite you, the crap-reading public, to take a moment to reflect on the deep thoughts of this articulate voice of opposition to the judicial ruling declaring the California same sex marriage ban issue, Proposition 8, unconstitutional.

This moment of quiet reflection by the opposition has been respectfully brought to you by Letters From Texas. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program.

Comments

comments

6 Responses to A moment of quiet, thoughtful reflection

1. Anonymous August 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

Umm. I hate to agree, FUBAR, but he does make his points more clearly, honestly, and straightforwardly than most of his ilk. Good find.

2. FUBAR August 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Yes, and the point he made most clear, honest, and straightforward, was a strong case in favor of dentistry. Thanks for playing along.

3. whiskeydent August 11, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

Lewis Black ought to sue him for theft.

4. just another duck on the pond August 11, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

ah, harold, you find such perfect gems of misery. we were on 101 & inching toward the golden gate bridge last thursday afternoon, and it seemed a good time to ck the emails. caught the one from hrc. immediately found the local npr station and got the word on marching from the castro to city hall. it was glorious. line dancing in the street. even knowing the next day would bring a stay & further court action didn’t matter. it was a Moment. the stellar opposite to this one.

5. grannyjean August 12, 2010 at 1:58 am #

I’m pretty sure if I were a child, I’d much rather grow up with two fashionable and well-spoken daddies than with this man and whatever woman would put up with him.

6. Ex-Tex August 12, 2010 at 3:38 am #

If anybody’s looking for a few bigoted attitudes, this guy’s got ‘em and some more, huh? Hard to tolerate this kind of intolerance.