Why legislators shouldn’t needlessly brag, chapter 1,246,433

This week’s episode: hunting.

Comments

comments

14 Responses to Why legislators shouldn’t needlessly brag, chapter 1,246,433

1. whiskeydent December 15, 2010 at 6:46 pm #

Until now FUB, I had never heard of a “piebald” deer. Initially, I thought it was a pie made from testicles or testicles made from pie. Both seemed a bit strange and perverted — even for Oklahoma.

So I turned on the googler and found out that it’s a deer with patchy coloring. Unlike a certain f***head state representative, the poor things can’t change their spots.

2. @showlush December 15, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Bravo, Whiskeydent. Bravo. Unlike the f***head state rep, your comment was certainly dimple-inducing.

I’d never heard whitetail deer referred to as piebald either, but it’s a welcome addition to the vocabulary. Since – coming from the land of mule deer – calling them adorable or precious or quaint gets a little old.

3. FUBAR December 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

I agree. You stop thinking of them as “precious” long about the time you see one total out a Ford F350 Dually. And, mmmmm dimples!

4. lush December 15, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

A whitetail totaled an F-350 Dually? Or a muley? Because I once hit a whitetail in a Ford Explorer and the damage was negligible. To my Explorer. The whitetail didn’t fare so well.

5. FUBAR December 15, 2010 at 8:35 pm #

I was talking about a big-ass mule deer in Brewster County. Not one of those wimpy miniature toy boutique designer central Texas whitetail deers.

6. lush December 15, 2010 at 9:33 pm #

Yeah, see, I was calling the whitetails “precious.” Stop confusing me. Just because it’s easy to do doesn’t make it right.

7. FUBAR December 15, 2010 at 9:47 pm #

it’s your own fault, for fixating on the deer and not the dimples.

8. whiskeydent December 15, 2010 at 9:47 pm #

What we need is an F-350 muley. You could total all the precious rice-burners and make some room on the road.

9. FUBAR December 15, 2010 at 9:49 pm #

W. Dent: we have those. They’re commonly called “buffalo.”

10. whiskeydent December 15, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

Is a buffalo a Ford or Chevy? And are dimples standard or optional?

11. lush December 15, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

What made me think I had any business whatsoever playing in this sandbox?

12. whiskeydent December 15, 2010 at 11:26 pm #

Well, there’s the rub. You see, there’s no thinking going on here, thus thinking had nothing to do with your visit to said sandbox.

Though, I must say, we’re getting in (drum roll, please) a rut with all this talk about deer, and I am now on the horns of a dilemma about whether we should continue.

13. Mean Rachel December 16, 2010 at 3:24 am #

Piebald is also a type of color of a paint horse. Ever heard the song “Old skewbald was a racehorse?” Yeah so there’s piebald and skewbald.

14. FUBAR December 16, 2010 at 3:41 am #

Yet another reason why this blog just oozes educational excellence.