Did you assume compelling journalism was dead?

Think again, bucko.

Update: the reporter/strip club entertainer in question has broken her silence on twitter, with this hysterically funny tweet:

Comments

comments

8 Responses to Did you assume compelling journalism was dead?

1. whiskeydent March 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

What if she’s making up the stripper stuff in her tweets?

2. Anonymous March 27, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I don’t understand why anyone – the Chronicle, the Houston Press, or YOU, has any business publicizing the particulars of this woman’s life. Apparently she is supposed to feel… what? Ashamed? Embarrassed? I mean, heaven forbid she *flaunt* her income with those flashy designer… suits? Purses? The woman works (at least) 2 jobs. Is she supposed to show up in the office donning a ripped t-shirt and shoes with holes in them?

Give me a break.

3. Harold Cook March 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Sorry, you lost me after “Anonymous.”

4. Anonymous March 27, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

Harold, I’m not the same “anonymous” as the previous one but if you don’t want “anonymous” as a possible signature, then why do you offer it as an option? I must say I found your snippy & thin skinned answer beneath you as the poster had some legitimate points. Perhaps there are business or personal reasons the person wouldn’t want to post under their name.

5. Harold Cook March 27, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

oh ok, I’ll play. I offer anonymous posting because I’ve never prohibited any kind of posting, but anonymous posts are clearly worth less than ones which are identified. Always has been, nothing new there.

And frankly, I posted what I did because I thought the line I posted about journalism was funny. No great truths or big exclusive exposes there.

And I frankly don’t see validity to the complaint. He or she might have had a point if the woman herself didn’t write about it on a blog, on Facebook, and on twitter. And might have had a point if the Houston Chronicle, Houston Press, Texas Monthly, and all the other ten tons of publications in which I’d already read about this were all secret publications. But they’re not. Whether anybody agrees with it or not, this horse had already left the barn long before this blog ever got to the front gate of the ranch. I will also note that I published no particulars, as accused. I simply linked back to one of the already-published non-secret stories. If I for a moment thought I’d victimized anybody I would be horrified. I don’t, so I’m not. So ok, consider it addressed. You may not like how it’s addressed, but there ya go.

6. Harold Cook March 27, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

And just for the record – I certainly have no issue with this woman at all, and of her two jobs, the one I’d have the most issue with is the society column. Now it’s over-addressed.

7. dar March 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Harold…your line is funny. Got me to click through and read the blog, which I thought was humorous as well.

8. whiskeydent March 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

So you over-addressed a sometimes under-dressed woman.